Beach Bag Beauty
Peta Barker | On 18, Nov 2014
The mercury is rising and the smell of Summer breaks are around the corner. Whether you choose Noosa, Byron Bay or an international shore a full face of makeup won’t cut it. Not only does heavy makeup look out of placeÂ with a straw hat and Havaianas, applying a full face wastes precious beach time. Forgoing cosmetics all togetherÂ might be too ‘au natural’ for some so we have compiled the essentials for a flawless holiday face. Not only will this kit save you precious suitcase space butÂ timeÂ to make the most of happy hour.
1. Mecca Cosmetica To Save Eyes SPF 30: After cleansing and moisturising roll on this nourishing and protective eye cream. Smooth into the skin with fingers for instantly brighter peepers.
2. Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser:Â With oil free hydration, skin tone evening and light diffusing pigments this miracle cream essentially looks like your ideal bare face. The light formula allows the product to sinkÂ into the skin avoiding the unsightly midday melt off. Best yet unlike many other tinted moisturisers this product comes in numerous shades for a perfect match.
Apply with fingers starting from the inner cheeks to the outside of face. Blend well with fingers which quickly warm the product into the skin.
3. Stila Brush 24 Illuminating Pressed Powder Brush:Â The only brush you need for your getaway this multi purpose tool has your bronzer, blush and illuminator covered.
4.Â Nars Bronzing Powder:Â Enhance your glow with this diffused powder with the right amount of golden glitter for grown up bronze. Use the Stila brush on an angle to sweep under the cheek bonesÂ downwards, around the temples and jaw line. The key is to blend well to achieve a contoured warm look rather than orange streaks.
5. Stila Convertible Colour:Â This creamy multipurpose colour will outlast even the best powder blushes. For a natural flush use a small amount of product on the tip of the brush to sweep and blend across cheeks. Avoid placing colour too low on cheeks to keep the look young and fresh. For a pop or colour use fingers to slide across lips for an all day stain. With peachy, coral, tangerine and berry shades there is a complimentary colour for all.
6. Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten:Â Summer beauty’s golden child this micro-fine powder lights up the simplest makeup looks. For a natural, luminous glow use the blunt end of the Stila brush to dot powder along the top of cheekbones and up to the end of the brow bone. Brush along the nose, under brow and a small swipe onÂ the cupids bow. Use fingers to blend colour along the eyelid and inner corner for a glowing natural eye look.
7. Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil:Â The only tool needed for perfectly sculpted brows. With a built in brush and high tech formula for multi-dimensional, natural looking brows. Colour without painting and hold with flexibility this is the ultimate brow pencil for a fresh summer face.