Eat, Drink and Be Merry at the World Food Markets
Giulietta Avenia | On 11, Dec 2014
There is nothing better than strolling under a starlit sky, with the sound of funky beats and smells from 20 different stalls of delicious food wafting towards you.Â As you stand, surrounded by these stalls, your belly aches and yearns for all that it can sense and with this heightened appetite, you eagerly map out your night ahead.
This was my experience at the World Food Markets at the Powerhouse and one I plan on recreating this coming weekend. With a rotation of food trucks, the World Food Markets ensure something different to experience each night.
Every stall offers delicious food, whether it be the salmon bento box from Sushi Neko, the prawn dumplings from Gourmet Dumplings or the seriously tasty Southern Style fried chicken wings from King of the Wings.
- Arrive on an empty stomach!!! There is no point going to a food market if youâ€™ve been snacking away all day!
- Wear comfortable shoes. Look, thereâ€™s going to be lines. Itâ€™s just a fact of life when it comes to food markets. Embrace it- the bigger the line, usually the yummier the food. But comfy shoes will make all the difference in those lines!
- Divide and conquer. Line up alone and have friends situated throughout the markets at different lines. Save the mad chats for when you have the food.
- Take cash! Thereâ€™s nothing worse than being stuck in an ATM line only to look out at all the other lines youâ€™ll have to be a part of.
- Keep an eye out for the Wonderland performers! They will be roaming the markets with their acrobatics, comedy and circus performances.
The World Food Markets are the physical embodiment of â€˜Eat, Drink and Be Merryâ€™. With the delicious and diverse array of food stalls, take a trip across the continents, share your food with friends and eat until you canâ€™t eat no more.
WhoÂ The World Food Markets
Where Brisbane Powerhouse, 119 Lamington St, New Farm
WhenÂ Friday, December 12 – Sunday, December 14 5pm-10pm