Indooroopilly Shopping Centre Home To Food Excellence
Alicia Moo | On 27, Sep 2014
The newly redeveloped Indooroopilly Shopping Centre has taken out the Excellence in Food Retailing award for major Regional Centres overÂ 50,000sqm at the 2014 Property Council of Australia, Queensland Retail Property Awards.
The award recognised the Centreâ€™s Gourmet Fresh precinct, which judges said gave the market what it wanted. â€œThe owner has clearly undertaken in-depth research into understanding their target market. This precinct successfully incorporates the findings by providing what the market wants,â€ the Property Council of Australiaâ€™s judgesâ€™ said.
â€œThe tenancy mix, standard of fit outs and quality of operators made this project a clear standout among the entries.â€
The $16 million Gourmet Fresh precinct was one of the first areas to be unveiled in Indooroopilly Shopping Centreâ€™s $450 million redevelopment.
Inspired by an urban market experience, the precinct is built around a sense of community where retailers engage with customers through market style, open shop fronts and unique offerings.
Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, Centre Manager, Leah Mienert, said Gourmet Fresh was created as a direct response to local community needs.
â€œThis is what our customers wanted and not only have they given it their seal of approval but so has the industry through this PropertyÂ Council Award,â€ she said.
â€œGourmet Fresh reflects the sophistication of the redeveloped centre and the interaction of a food market place.â€
Judges were also impressed with the precinctâ€™s design and materials, including its careful selection of finishes such as smoked mirror ceiling inserts and gloss tiled columns, which create a balance between rustic industrial and sophisticated urban chic.
Gourmet Fresh has attracted some of Brisbaneâ€™s best retailers represented by a cross section of cultures, nationalities and local operators including:
– A new state-of-the-art Woolworths
– Queenslandâ€™s first 3000 square metre ‘next generation’ Coles supermarket, equipped with an in-house cafÃ© serving Lavazza coffee and aÂ Sushi bar
– Indooroopilly Fruit, offering hand selected produce by well-known fruiters, and owned by Rob Carmuglia and Robby Guardala
– Cabassi and Co artisan butchers featuring some of the nationâ€™s most awarded brands of meat. The store offers aÂ unique tasting area, and doubles as aÂ â€˜butcherâ€™s kitchenâ€™ where customers can sit and order a simple â€™samplerâ€™ tasting plate, tapas, or even a signature steak
– Oliver & Co Table + Deli which allowsÂ customers to enjoy a wide selection of international gourmet meats, cheeses and antipasti delicacies both in store or to take home
– UFM Asian Grocer stocking a wide range of delicacies used in everyday Asian cuisine
– Cons Fish Market supplying the highest quality fresh and cooked seafood
– French Twist offering authentic French fare including artisan breads and pastries
– Daisyâ€™s Florist, where local florist Shauna Larsen provides premium fresh flowers, and arrangements, to locations throughout Brisbane
– Yum Cha Cuisine offering the culinary art of Yum Cha with a unique dining experience in an energetic and lively ambiance.
And these are just the food outlets in Gourmet Fresh, don’t forget there’s Ole, Harajuku Gyoza and the ever popular Nantuket located upstairs near the original Food Court area.
Gourmet Fresh is a key part of Indooroopilly Shopping Centre and a key part of my happiness. So if you’re in need of retail therapy complete with food galore get yourself to The One, The Only Indooroopilly.
Images by: Indooroopilly Shopping Centre