Our Current Favourite Beauty Products
Laura Walkley | On 11, Jul 2014
Winter has well and truly arrived and you might have noticed a change in your skin.
As the weather changes, so too must your beauty and skin care products! Here are a list of my favourite things this month:
1. Aesop Resurrection Aromatic Hand Balm: $29 from any Aesop store or online. Your hands are the first thing to get dry and cracked in winter and this sensational smelling hand cream will revive your dry mitts in no time.
2. Lucas Papaw Ointment: $4.99 at any Chemist. As an Australian I felt I had to include this miracle lip balm, which not only heals your chapped lips but smoothes cuts, burns and rashes too.
3. Lacura Revitalising Moisturiser: $9.99 at Aldi. I discovered this gem in the back of an Aldi store and was immediately taken. Although it’s for ages 50+ and I’m still technically a teenager, it does the job of a much more expensive moisturiser and you won’t have to worry about wrinkles in the future!
4. Stila All Day Foundation and Concealer: $44 at Mecca or online. Stila is a high definition foundation originally designed for women in LA who were having acid peels on their faces resulting in their foundation sliding off their skin. This foundation has oxygen technology which allows skin to breathe and stay hydrated during the dry months. I also think it’s pretty good value for a good quality foundation which includes a concealer in the lid.
5. Natio Tinted Moisturiser: $18.99 from David Jones, Myer or online. This 3 in 1 moisturiser, sunscreen and colour will give your winter skin a sunkissed look. It’s really handy if you’re having a casual no makeup day but want to protect your skin.
6. Nars Laguna Bronzer: $55 from Mecca Maxima. If you’re missing your summer skin, hit up Nars Laguna for the colour you’re longing for. This is probably one of the most popular bronzers on the market and it suits almost every skin tone.