Simple summer tarts in ten minutes!
Tiernan Silcock | On 11, Sep 2013
Who doesn’t love a recipe that is both incredibly simple but looks fancy and delightful?
This simple summer tart recipe is the perfect dish to whip up before inviting friends over.
With minimal ingredients, it is cheap and only takes about ten minutes to make.
Bear in mind I have only given enough ingredients to make around 24 small tarts, you can adapt these very easily to make more, or alternatively larger pie sized tarts.
Simple Summer Tarts Recipe
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
Shortcrust pastry (Yes, I cheat and use Pampas pre made pastry. If you want to be fancy and make it from scratch, this meal will take a little bit longer!)
150g of basil pesto ( I like to use Wattle Valley basil, cashew and parmesan spread)
180g Mini Bocconcini
1. Preheat oven to 180
2. Cut the pastry into quarters, and then quarters again so you have small squares just bigger than a 50c coin. Make sure you give the pastry some time to soften before attempting to mould into the pan, as it will just crumble otherwise.
3. Cut the cherry tomatoes and mini bocconcini into halves
4. Once the pastry has softened, mould into the pan and spread half a teaspoon of basil pesto onto each
5. Place two pieces of tomato and bocconcini onto each
6. Once oven has heated, put the tarts in for 10-15 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown
7. Serve your treats to your guests with a smile!
To make the tarts a little more fun, add grilled some grilled chicken or prosciutto!