Winter Beauty Essentials
Amy Clarke | On 16, Jul 2014
Winter is officially in full-swing, and that means dry, cold, chapped everything. Yikes!Â Take a look atÂ our top face, body, and hair essentials to get you through the next couple of cold months.
1. Bio-Oil: SuitableÂ for all skin types, especially in winter with its special formula to assist with dehydrated skin, Bio-Oil gets rid of scars, uneven skintone, and dryness. It can be used on the face or body but is a great one for the face in the colder monthsÂ to help with any winter affected skin.
2. Plum Lips: A pop of deep purple on the lips is on trend right now, so tryÂ CovergirlÂ Outlast All Day Lip Colour in Plum Berry for a glossy finish or a Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Sloane’s Plum for fuller colour.
3. Self Heating Masks: There is no better feeling than applying a warming charcoal mask in the middle of winter. The charcoal reacts with water so on a wet face it heats up and purifies pores. Practical and warm and toasty. Biore Self Heating One Minute Masks are only $5.99 for a pack of 4 masks so where can you go wrong?
1. Lucas’ Papaw Ointment: is famous for a reason. You can use this one on your lips but it also works wonders on dry hands and cuticles. The ointment can be used for an array of things so it’s guaranteed you’ll find the perfect use for you.
2. Body Scrub: Definitely a necessity during wintertime. Personal favourites of mine are from Lush,Â Premium Spa, and Soap and Glory. Make sure you find a scrub that suits you. If you have particularly sensitive and dry skin stick to a gentle foaming scrub, but if you have oilier or more problematic skin try out a thicker scrub.
3. Soap and Glory: Speaking of S&G, they do the absolute best body butters. After you’ve used a scrub, use one of their body butters (either The Righteous Butter for their original pink scent or Orangeasm for a citrusy scent – both delicious!) to add moisturise back into your skin.
1. Roots: This Lush hair treatment revitalises hair and with its minty fresh ingredients it promotes scalp and hair health. It feels strange at first because it is a mask that you apply to dry hair before shampooing, but after you have shampooed and conditioned your hair will feel smooth and silky soft.
2. Moroccanoil: The Moroccanoil brand started a huge trend in haircare. They now have a huge variety of products on offer to help with anyÂ winter-caused issues from dry and damaged hair to frizz control to heat styling protection. The original oil will do all of the above and more, but for more specific needs check out their full range.
3. Sea Salt Spray:Â If winter makes your hair limp, frizzy, or hard to work with, try some sea salt spray. It will add a lot of texture and life into your hair, and it can also double as a heat protectant orÂ dry shampoo depending on what you’re after. Salt spray is a great all-rounder of a hair product.
What are your current winter beauty staples, Brisbane? Let us know and keep an eye out for the next beauty essentials post!
Image credits go to all brands mentioned andÂ 1ms.net.